[horde] Horde 4 Debian 6 Install Guide for Dummies

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Tue Feb 21 15:54:36 UTC 2012

Hi

Am 21.02.2012 16:32, schrieb Vilius ?umskas:

>> installation

>>> pear?

>>> Well, my how-to, if I post it later will not document that. Why do to
want
>>> it in a separate PEAR install? And why do you want webmail and not the
>>> separate packages?
>>
>> Yes, please post your step by step howto, I am eager to see it :) !
>>
>> I want Horde 4 to be installed in a directory of my choice. If I
>> understood right I need the separate pear install to fulfill my wish,
>> did I understand that correctly?
>
> Keep in mind, that Horde has two parts. Libraries which can be wherever
you want and applications which must be web accessible. Mostly you just
choose to install the libraries into global PEAR and then install
applications under /var/www (or whatever your web root is). This second
path is specified when running "pear run-scripts horde/horde_role". You
would want to install into separate PEAR installation only if you are on
a shared system and really understand what are possible implications.

> I think this somewhat confuses people.
You could possible be absolutely right

What I need is a step by step guide, WHAT belongs to WHAT and WHERE
should this and that be installed.

Look, I just want a Horde 4 installed on my Debian 6, it can not be so
hard. So I wonder a lot why the documentation is made for super pear
gurus only.
I am very familiar with Linux, I use it since nearly 10 years and can
handle Horde 3 very good meanwhile. I also helped other Horde 3 users
fixing their problems.

But I am completely to stupid to install this easy-installing Horde 4
system without an explaining step by step guide for it.

If someone can provide me enough understanding to install Horde 4 I
would write it ALL down and put it in here into this mailing list, for
all newcomers to understand.

Please help.
Andreas