[horde] Wrong Birthday entry in Contacts ActiveSync & Andoird ICS 4.0.2

Daniel Basa daniel at luli.de
Thu Mar 1 15:24:29 UTC 2012

Am 01.03.2012 15:57, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Daniel Basa <daniel at luli.de>:
>
>> Hi List!
>>
>> back again with an ActiveSync Android problem. This time I think that
>> it's not a problem with horde, but I would like to know if someone is
>> experiencing the same issue.
>>
>> Since January I sync my Contacts and my Calendars using Horde. The first
>> two months I also had the google contact on my phone, but I did a whipe
>> today and resynced with horde.
>> Problem is, that all contact's birthday dates are wrong by one (or two?)
>> days. They are correct in horde's addressbook and I checked the sync log
>> and noticed birthdays of contacts in there were correct too. Question is
>> why are the birthdays on my phone wrong?
>>
>> Anybody has the same issue? Perhaps a bug with google? Because of leap
>> year?
>
> Earlier Android "Contact" apps did not even support birthdays and would
> display them exactly as sent i.e., as the standard date/time string in
> UTC. The app in ICS, though, does have support for the birthday field
> and is working for on my Galaxy Nexus device.
>
> If you generate a sync log that includes the contact data being sent to
> the device, I can try to take a look and see if anything weird pops out.
> Also, does the timezone on the device match the timezone in your Horde
> account prefs? Just grasping at straws though since it shouldn't really
> matter; I don't see how tz can matter since tz data is not sent as part
> of the protocol for contact messages.
>
> Anyway, see http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync for more information on how
> to debug, provide log files etc...

Timezone and date are the same on horde, the server and my device.

What exactly do you need in my Sync-Log to be? I am syncing ~100
contacts and I don't want to publish their names, numbers addresses etc.
If I can cut out the part with the personal information then I can
provide the log. Otherwise it would be a bit problematic changing
numbers names addresses etc for 100 contacts. Another possibility would
be to crop all contacts execpt for one with a brithday.