[horde] Wrong Birthday entry in Contacts ActiveSync & Andoird ICS 4.0.2

Daniel Basa daniel at luli.de
Thu Mar 1 15:31:07 UTC 2012

Am 01.03.2012 15:57, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:
> Quoting Daniel Basa <daniel at luli.de>:
>> Hi List!
>> back again with an ActiveSync Android problem. This time I think that
>> it's not a problem with horde, but I would like to know if someone is
>> experiencing the same issue.
>> Since January I sync my Contacts and my Calendars using Horde. The first
>> two months I also had the google contact on my phone, but I did a whipe
>> today and resynced with horde.
>> Problem is, that all contact's birthday dates are wrong by one (or two?)
>> days. They are correct in horde's addressbook and I checked the sync log
>> and noticed birthdays of contacts in there were correct too. Question is
>> why are the birthdays on my phone wrong?
>> Anybody has the same issue? Perhaps a bug with google? Because of leap
>> year?
> Earlier Android "Contact" apps did not even support birthdays and would
> display them exactly as sent i.e., as the standard date/time string in
> UTC. The app in ICS, though, does have support for the birthday field
> and is working for on my Galaxy Nexus device.
> If you generate a sync log that includes the contact data being sent to
> the device, I can try to take a look and see if anything weird pops out.
> Also, does the timezone on the device match the timezone in your Horde
> account prefs? Just grasping at straws though since it shouldn't really
> matter; I don't see how tz can matter since tz data is not sent as part
> of the protocol for contact messages.
> Anyway, see http://wiki.horde.org/ActiveSync for more information on how
> to debug, provide log files etc...

Sorry for that! While removing sensible data from the log files I
recognized, that the birthday data is already wrong in the log file. I
must have made a mistake last time I checked the birthday. So the data
is defintly somehow changed by horde. Re checking the horde interface
shows that the data inside horde's gui is correct. The data inside the
mysql database is correct too (Table: turba_objects). I am running
Address Book (turba) 3.0.11, Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0.6

More information about the horde mailing list