[horde] horde replacement

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Mar 4 23:24:45 UTC 2012

Am 05.03.2012 00:11, schrieb Gunnar Wrobel:
> I don't get your point as there are packages for several distributions and others are being prepared.

there are no one for Fedora
i liked to built one short after release
but i have other work too, so i can not spent days for a webmail

> If it would be it wouldn't get repackaged. See above.

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/packageinfo?packageID=2047

where?

and fedora is usually a distribution with new and rough packages
looks like the maintainer tehre has also a life beside it

> There was no break of the upgrade path. See the UPGRADE docs and upgrades
> from Horde 3 to Horde 4 is something we do constantly.

how you you update the RPM packages of a fedora system
if there are no one available? looks not like this will
change in the near future leading to orphaning the package
after H4 does no longer get securoty fixes

> I agree with you. As said before: On the developer side we have to focus on one packaging system. This is PEAR for
> now. We don't force you to use this. In fact if you are using Debian I would encourage you to stick to the Debian
> packaging system and install Horde 4 via "apt-get"

fedora user and admin for 20 servers

as said i had liked to package H4 but not with this hughe
amount of work compared with H3

>> PEAR is not useable in large environments
>> H4 is not easy packageable for large environments
>> so H4 is unuseable for large environments

you realized that i am the packager in our infrastructure for
services with any public access? not at least for security
reasons because distributions are way too slow get fixed
updates in their stable-repos and if you you have security
aduits every week you can not wait two weeks

so it is MY work to package horde or replace it with
as solution not eating my half lifetime for maintaining
because my day has only 24 hours