[horde] Ansel - Some Images stay grey

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Mar 5 19:00:23 UTC 2012

>   Datum: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 13:40:46 -0500
>     Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
> Betreff: Re: [horde] Ansel - Some Images stay grey
>      An: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> Datum: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 12:57:00 -0500
>>>   Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
>>> Betreff: Re: [horde] Ansel - Some Images stay grey
>>>    An: horde at lists.horde.org

>>> OK. I can now confirm that it looks like the bug you mentioned.
>>>
>>> I set to file based VFS and I can upload to the PHP max_upload
>>> size w/o any problem.
>>>
>>> So I will go on use the file based VFS until your next release.
>>
>> This probably has nothing to do with the bug, but rather an issue
>> with your database configuration.
>>

> Oh, thats the worst I wanted to hear :(
>
> What do you suggest in that case? I want for my own good-feeling
> have a good-working and OK installation of H4.

For starters, storing all the image data for an application like Ansel
in a SQL datbase is going to be *horribly* ineffecient. Unless you
have a good reason why you can't use a filebased VFS, I would
reconsider.

That being said, if you want to continue down this road - for starters
you could check the schema for the Vfs tables in the database. I would
also check for things like maximum allowable packet size in the
database server's configuration. Check the database documentation for
further information.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)