[horde] horde replacement

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 5 19:22:41 UTC 2012

Quoting Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

> since horde-developers decided go to PEAR

Which I am enjoying.  Really a nice setup, allowing for quick and
frequent updates.

> and do not realize that
> the spilt into a ton of packages is not handleable for people like
> clean systems meaning built them as RPM horde is dead

No idea what that means.  No reason you can't build an RPM still...

> realize you have done something wrong if you are
> forcing people using horde since 7 years to throw
> it away!

Or, that you have done something wrong because you just can't figure
out how to adapt to something new?

How much harder is it really to do a git checkout, tar the results, and
create an RPM from it than it was before to download a tar file and
build an RPM from it?  Yes, you may have to learn git, and how Horde
project organizes git, but is that really too much to ask?

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.