[horde] horde replacement

Eric Jon Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Mon Mar 5 21:15:39 UTC 2012

Quoting Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:

> horde or any webmail is really not my life

I'm cool with that.

> means i am responsible for a lot of servers
> responsible for al lot of services
> (dns, domain-registration, mail, spam-filtering, web...)
> additionally software development, security audits and so on

Yeah, what system admin isn't?

> if a simple piece of web-software takes a muliple of time
> as before to hold ALL its components in a recent state
> it is simply wrong for me because i have many other tasks
> to do and one of them is a life beside IT

Only thing to watch for.  If each upgrade (say, for security breach or
bug-fix) takes half the time, but there are twice as many updates (due
to twice as many bugs/breaches), then you don't win.  So there is more
to consider than just the time to do one update...

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

This message is provided "AS IS" without warranty of any kind,
either expressed or implied.  Use this message at your own risk.