[horde] horde replacement

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Mon Mar 5 21:18:23 UTC 2012

On 5 March 2012 16:13, Eric Jon Rostetter
<eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Quoting Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net>:
>

>> do not speak, try it yourself
>

> I have.  It works, for myself.  I don't use it though, since it
> turns out to be much easier to use via pear (and before that,
> via cvs).
>
>> if it taks more than 10 minutes each week it is bloatd and
>> unuseable while the configuraton of roundcube takes 5 minutes
>> at all,
>

> If you really think that 5 minutes versus 10 minutes is that big of
> a deal, than I am glad you are not my admin!
>
>> it is MUCH faster,
>

> Perhaps, I don't know.
>
>> has a much more userfriendly interface
>

> Subjective, and doesn't matter if the functionality isn't comparable.
>
>> and finally the only point for horde years ago was that it was
>> better han phpLyMail and roundcube did not exist
>

> Well, that may have been your only point, but certainly not mine.
>
> I've looked at Horde and Roundcube repeated over the years, and always
> stay with Horde.  Your milage may vary.
>
>> weel there are other horde-components 1 out of 10000 users
>> are really needs - their value can not compare the waste of
>> time with Horde4
>

> Depends on your user base.  Maybe that is true for your user base. Not
> so for all user bases.  I bet things in Horde you find rarely or never
> needed are critical to other user bases (like mine).

I think we should just stop feeding the troll.  Nothing you say can
and will convince him.  This has been his position since the alpha
releases of Horde 4.  He's entitled to it and I wish him well with
Roundcube.  One less mailing list with his attitude will be a
pleasure.

Simon