[horde] Ansel rights

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Mon Mar 5 22:36:53 UTC 2012

Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:

> Hi,
>
> and finally, as I have created a nice gallery now, I would like to
> have others being able to also view this gallery.
>
> I did not find proper settings in the user settings, but recognized
> that in administration section there is a point named Rights.
> I can see wicked inside it.
>
> Is there a little documentation I didnt find yet? I have been here
> so far: http://www.horde.org/apps/ansel/docs

For permissions, there are two things to consider. Permissions to the
application, itself and permissions to each gallery.

The first part is controlled by the administrative section you
describe above. You should add Ansel to the list, and give Guests SHOW
and READ perms. This will allow guests to see/use Ansel.

The second part is controlled by Ansel. While viewing a gallery, there
is a "permissions" link in the right hand gallery action menu. This
controlls the permissions for the specific gallery.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org