[horde] Ansel rights

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Mon Mar 5 23:01:48 UTC 2012

Hi,

----- Nachricht von Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org> ---------
   Datum: Mon, 05 Mar 2012 17:36:53 -0500
     Von: Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>
Betreff: Re: [horde] Ansel rights
      An: horde at lists.horde.org

> Quoting Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> and finally, as I have created a nice gallery now, I would like to
>> have others being able to also view this gallery.
>>
>> I did not find proper settings in the user settings, but recognized
>> that in administration section there is a point named Rights.
>> I can see wicked inside it.
>>
>> Is there a little documentation I didnt find yet? I have been here
>> so far: http://www.horde.org/apps/ansel/docs
>

> For permissions, there are two things to consider. Permissions to
> the application, itself and permissions to each gallery.
>
> The first part is controlled by the administrative section you
> describe above. You should add Ansel to the list, and give Guests
> SHOW and READ perms. This will allow guests to see/use Ansel.

With 'guests' you do mean the users in Horde or real guests in Horde?

> The second part is controlled by Ansel. While viewing a gallery,
> there is a "permissions" link in the right hand gallery action menu.
> This controlls the permissions for the specific gallery.

I dont want 'guests' to see my galleries but I now created rights for
Ansel in the administrative section for logged in users, SHOW and READ.

But do I need this to do when having the Permissions inside Horde? Or
doesnt it work without the permissions in the administrative section?
Just to understand it clearly..

Andreas