[horde] A horde messenger Re: horde replacement

Jon Spriggs jon at sprig.gs
Tue Mar 6 10:11:48 UTC 2012

Jappix is a solution you would deploy inside your network - it's all
open source. It relies on you having an XMPP server within your
network - much like MS Office Communicator did. Jappix and Jappix Mini
can both be pre-configured with your users details, and because it's
based on XMPP (Jabber), any other XMPP client could be used in it's
place.

Jappix is largely written in PHP, so I can see no reason why it
couldn't be used as the basis of a horde application, but it's
something far out of my range of skills!

All the best,
--
Jon "The Nice Guy" Spriggs