[horde] horde replacement

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Mar 6 16:26:15 UTC 2012

Sveiki,

Tuesday, March 6, 2012, 2:31:40 AM, you wrote:

> Am 05.03.2012 22:18, schrieb Simon Brereton:
>> I think we should just stop feeding the troll.  Nothing you say can
>> and will convince him.  This has been his position since the alpha
>> releases of Horde 4.

> stop to lie!

> on my first work day 2011 i swa the FINAL RELEASE NOTES and
> earched one hour for the downloads because upstream was
> not able to refresh their homepage - so it started with wasting
> time searching fro things not existing

> what you guys do not understand is that if you are having
> 20 webserver you are installing/updating pear on a staging
> machine and distribute it with rsync

> have fun with horde in this tree for wasting ressources
> using another pear-environment for horde makes ALL useless
> complexer - but hey if you have fun with wasting time and
> ressources do it

How  about  getting  your  facts straight and won't spreading the FUD?
It sure would save you a lot of time!

As  being said multiple times, distribution of PEAR packages in closed
disconnected  environment  is still possible and I do this monthly for
the   last   5   years  or  so.  The only difference is that with RPM
you  run something like Spacewalk to distribute RPMs and with PEAR you
run PEAR channel *internally*.

1. Install Pirum server on distribution machine.
2. "wget http://pear.horde.org/get/horde-4.0.14.tgz"
3. "php pirum add pear horde-4.0.14.tgz"

And  then  "pear  upgrade  yourpirumchannel/horde"  in the cronjob of every
server.

If  you  insist  using  RPM  you  can  add step 4. "pear make-rpm-spec
horde-4.0.14.tgz"

There,  I  just  wasted  10 minutes of my personal time giving you tips
which you should have found yourself on Google.

--
Best regards,
 Vilius