[horde] horde replacement

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Tue Mar 6 17:18:11 UTC 2012

Am 06.03.2012 17:57, schrieb Vilius Šumskas:
>> NOT ONE COMMAND, A TON OF COMMANDS AND SUBPACKAGES
>
> Giving  your  responsibilities  I  would imagined that one would know how to
> create a simple foreach loop :)

and the loop does change the version in each SPEC file?
how would the loop smell?

the amount of H4/IMP/Turba spec files with needed deps is
nearly the samke as for all other server software togehter

>> i develop and maintain a CMS system since 10 years with a lot of
>> modules and there is no single change for some hundret domains
>> which can not be done with one deployment script all over the
>> time - this is how good gesigned software works
>
> Is this CMS system free?

no, but this does not matter in this context

postfix as example is also free and does never break
straight forwarding updates, the linux kernel is free
and MUCH BIGGER than horde and has usually less update
regressions and the policy of linus is if they exist
revert them - so you have here as example two
much broader accepted pieces of software doing a better
job all over the time