[horde] Kronolith categories

Stephan Kleber stephan at admin.nabira.de
Wed Mar 7 12:38:55 UTC 2012

> Colors are now per-calendar. This has been discussed multiple times on
> the list. You can use different "category" or "team" calendars if you
> need colored events.

Hi all,

I asked about this a long time ago and was rejected for performance
issues with the tagging system.

I know I am unnerving, but since this is requested one more time I think
it would be reasonable to discuss about some sensible way to implement
colored tags. Colored calendars is dissatisfatory since maintaining 30
or 40 calendars just because of colors is crazy and is absolutely not
feasible regarding syncing.
May there even be REMOTELY (say: including sponsoring) a possiblilty to
modify the tagging system in a way to support colored tags for the next
major release?

And about searching for events by tags: I know the dynamic views search
function includes tags. But I would like to search specificly for events
with a certain tag.

In my eyes the new tagging system by far is not as helpful as the old
categories. I understand the general idea of a Horde-wide tagging system
and fully back the idea, but without colors and search this is a
stepback in my eyes.

>From my point of view I merely want to keep this issue im memory, since
I arranged things for me with the limited tagging functionality at the
moment. I don't want something to be done ASAP but think this should not
disappear from the radar, for Horde's sake.

greez
Stephan