[horde] Notes sync

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Wed Mar 7 16:53:53 UTC 2012

Am 07.03.2012 16:10, schrieb Andreas Mauser:
> Hi,
>
> ----- Nachricht von Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info> ---------
>   Datum: Wed, 07 Mar 2012 16:03:20 +0100
>     Von: Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info>
> Betreff: [horde] Notes sync
>      An: horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> the only sync not working fine at the moment is Notes.
>>
>> Creating a Note in Horde will not sync to my Blackberry, still using
>> this fine Funambol application.
>> Also I had seen one note from my Blackberry which has been synced to
>> Horde with cropped text.
>>
>> Calendar, Tasks and Addresses seems to work flawlessly as far as I
>> tested today.
>>
>> How can we get Notes to work proberly as well? Any error message I can
>> gather for you?
>
> And quickly I found out that it crops the text as soon as it finds an
> Umlaut in my Blackberry notes.
>
> How can I fix this behaviour? I am in Germany having lots of Umlauts.

my bet get also in "this is a client problem", as long you did no setup
failure with horde, i ve seen serveral "Umlaut Problems" over the time
in android funambol getting better every release

dont expect a perfect sync situation with the funambol client ever
you always will have suprises i.e serveral address fields
this will easy apear i.e if you use funambol with cross clients
android, horde, thunderbird outlook, but its good enough for free
solution, but i advice you always have backup with your calendar, contacts
by what sync use ever, i wrote cron scripts to automate and export from
calendar, contacts form horde to file every day, and mail it to users where
its filtered by global sieve rule in a no subscribed but autobuild imap
folder , so users can have backup, but not disturbed in normal mail use
these backup mails getting expired by cron after 10 days

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria