[horde] What is the policy for releasing Horde Groupware WebMail edition?

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Sat Mar 10 12:01:03 UTC 2012

Zitat von Gunnar Wrobel <wrobel at horde.org>:

> Zitat von ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> I saw lot of upgrades for applications under H4 few weeks back.
>> But, no announcement was made on release of HGWE?  What is the
>> policy for releasing Horde Groupware WebMail edition?
>>
>> I thought, it may come some time later than the announcement of
>> upgrades of individual applications.  But it has not happened.
>
> The application announcements are valid for the groupware as well.
> In Horde 3 the "groupware" package was indeed a bundle of the single
> application modules so the announcements contained *all* changelogs.
> We changed this with Horde 4 as the new groupware bundle is just a
> wrapper that pulls in the other applications. So there are no
> separate announcements for the bundle anymore. Unless something
> changes on the bundle itself - which happens seldom anymore as the
> bundle really only holds a few configuration variables.

That's not quite true. While it's technically not necessary to release
a new groupware version when new applications have been released, I
still do this because a lot of users are only looking for groupware
announcements and changelogs. So the groupware releases are rather for
marketing/visibility reasons.

Jan.

--
The Horde Project