[horde] Horde-alarms problem

Jan Schneider jan at horde.org
Mon Mar 12 11:34:35 UTC 2012

Zitat von Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:

> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> Zitat von Jens Gruentjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I have a problem with the horde alarm system. My problem is quite
>>> similar to the problem that was already discussed on this list (I
>>> attached the conversation below). Unfortunately for me there was
>>> no "solution" offered as information was missing. I can say that
>>> the user www-data in my case has no local pear configuration. I
>>> installed horde the standard way (no separate PEAR installation).
>>>
>>> Is it recommended to run the alarm-script as root user or is a
>>> non-priviledged-user preferred? What can I do to run the script as
>>> user www-data?
>>>
>>> I'm using Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0.6
>>> turba-3.0.12
>>> nag-3.0.7
>>> ingo-2.0.7
>>> horde-4.0.14
>>> kronolith-3.0.15
>>> mnemo-3.0.5
>>> imp-5.0.19
>>
>> Is your problem just "quite similar" or do you get the same error messages?
>>

> The error messages are the same:
>
> www-data at xxxxxx:~$ LC_ALL=C horde-alarms
> PHP Warning:
> require_once(/usr/share/php/www/horde/lib/Application.php): failed
> to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/bin/horde-alarms
> on line 18
> PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
> '/usr/share/php/www/horde/lib/Application.php'
> (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
> /usr/bin/horde-alarms on line 18

Unless /usr/share/php/www/ is your webroot, this means that your
horde_dir PEAR setting is wrong. This setting is supposed to be set by
running the Horde_Role postinstall script.
But you can also set it manually:
pear config-set -c horde horde_dir /path/to/horde

>>> --
>>
>> --
>> The Horde Project
>> http://www.horde.org/