[horde] Horde-alarms problem

Jens Grüntjes jens.gruentjes at ebira.de
Mon Mar 12 11:53:27 UTC 2012

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:
>
>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> Is your problem just "quite similar" or do you get the same error messages?
>>>

>> The error messages are the same:
>>
>> www-data at xxxxxx:~$ LC_ALL=C horde-alarms
>> PHP Warning:
>> require_once(/usr/share/php/www/horde/lib/Application.php): failed
>> to open stream: No such file or directory in /usr/bin/horde-alarms
>> on line 18
>> PHP Fatal error:  require_once(): Failed opening required
>> '/usr/share/php/www/horde/lib/Application.php'
>> (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in
>> /usr/bin/horde-alarms on line 18
>
> Unless /usr/share/php/www/ is your webroot, this means that your
> horde_dir PEAR setting is wrong. This setting is supposed to be set
> by running the Horde_Role postinstall script.
> But you can also set it manually:
> pear config-set -c horde horde_dir /path/to/horde

My webroot (for horde) is /var/www/, i.e. horde is installed at
/var/www/horde.

Is it possible that the horde_dir is set for the user that runs the
Horde_Role script? In my case it was run by root, so root can execute
the horde-alarms correctly. Is it recommended to run the
horde-installation as the user who runs the webserver (in my case
www-data)?

Running your command gives the following result:

www-data at xxxxxx:~$ pear config-set -c horde horde_dir /var/www/horde
config-set (horde_dir, /var/www/horde, user) failed, channel pear.horde.org