[horde] Proper Way to Upgrade Horde 4

Gunnar Wrobel wrobel at horde.org
Tue Mar 13 22:39:29 UTC 2012

Zitat von Brian Spraker <spraker at yahoo.com>:

> Hello all,
>
> Is there a proper way to upgrade versions of Horde 4?  I already
> have Horde 4 installed - but of course, there are always bug fixes
> and maintenance releases.
>
> Is it just as simple as doing something like this:
>
> pear upgrade-all

Yes. The fact that this is so simple is the key element why we deliver
via PEAR.

> Just wanting to make sure that this is safe to do and that it does
> not overwrite any of the configuration that I've already set on my
> install.

As long as you followed instructions and used *.local.php config files
(with the exception of the conf.php files) you will be fine. Of course
you should always have a backup as well. It can never hurt ;)

> Also - in the event that a database schema update is needed, what
> steps are needed then?

Login to the admin frontend and click the "update all db schemas"
button (might not be the exact label as I don't have it in front of me
now). Should however also be detailed in the UPGRADE file.

Cheers,

Gunnar