[horde] Addressbooks and Free/Busy-Urls

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Thu Mar 29 20:00:35 UTC 2012

Hi all,

hope this is the right place to ask...

We are evaluating horde for our groupware needs.
The users come from an ldap, I defined a shared directory from the ldap
to also publish users (and other entries) as address-book.
Since all users (and their mail-accounts) come from one directory, I
don't understand why horde makes a fuzz about free/busy-urls? It knows
the users and their calendars (and their imap), why doesn't it know
about their fburls by default? Especially since its providing them?
I got it working by adding the urls two one or two test-accounts by
hand, but I can't possibly bother my users with this (it will be N^2
urls to manage for all the contacts in all the individual address-books).

I currently see two solutions for my problem:
  1. Adopt the ldap-schema to provide the urls and fill them by hand.
  2. Create a custom addressbook source that subclasses the ldap source
but provides the fburls automatically.

I think 1) is ugly. Has anyone done 2)? Do I really have to write a new
resource or can I just add the field to the current config for
ldap-address-books?

Thanks for your answers,

Arnold
--
Dieses Email wurde elektronisch erstellt und ist ohne handschriftliche
Unterschrift gültig.