[horde] Horde dead after last upgrade

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Apr 10 21:14:58 UTC 2012

Louis-Philippe Allard <lp.allard.1 at gmail.com> rašė:

> Hi,
>
> my horde install has been offline for about 3 months and since then Ive
> managed to modify, add and remove lots of info on my android smartphone
> which I wanted to sync with horde.  I was unfortunately shocked once again
> to realize that the sync went really bad with events and contacts that
> disappeared on BOTH calendars and address books, and that some of the
> events were not synced properly...
>

> Anyways, all kinds of problems.
>
> I decided to upgrade horde to see if it would help, but I managed to kill
> it!
>
> Here's what I did:
>
> Copy horde/config/conf.php & horde/imp/conf.php to a different location
> Upgrade horde with  pear upgrade -a -B -c horde (which complained of tons
> of stuff like this package is not available in stable release, use .... to
> install from alpha)
> Now I try to login as admin, I get
>
> A fatal error has occurredHorde_Auth: Class definition of not found.Details
> have been logged for the administrator.Also I have a shortcut in firefox to
> launch the login page.  The shortcut has "http://192.168.0.101/horde4" but
> when I click on it, I get "
> http://www.horde4.com/login.php?=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" (where xxxx is a string
> of number/letters) and firefox gives me:

You don't need to copy conf.php files because upgrade doesn't touch
them. You are running into one of the following most probably:

1) you have accidently (or not) modified one of your conf.php files
during copy operation, and now it has a PHP syntax error.
2) you have modified prefs.php or any other files in conf/ folder
without creating .local.php copy, and now your configuration is lost.
3) the upgrade procedure was somehow interrupted.

Anyway, check your Horde logs for more information.

--
   Vilius