[horde] How to stop sidebar from always reloading every click!

Hans de Groot hansg at dandy.nl
Wed Apr 11 06:16:12 UTC 2012

Hi list.

I am trying to move from Horde 3 to Horde 4 (4.06 webmail) but I have
some issues.

One of them is the sidebar reloading every time I click. It takes like 5
to 10 seconds to load and gives a sluggish feel to imp.
I think it also cauases a higher load in the server.

In horde 3 the sidebar was more or less static. and yes I needed to
logout and log back in again when I created a folder using a regular
mail clients before I could see it.

But thats a price I gladly pay to speed up Horde 4 to be usable again.

Since I could not find how to turn it of I tried speeding up the loading
by disableling  Poll all folders, and activating caching but it still
way to slow.

So can some one please tell me how to stop Horde 4 from reloading the
sidebar?  Or maybe some one made a patch to stop it from loading all the
time?

Ps I could use the dymanic/ajax version of imp to avoid the side bar but
only kronolith sort of works with it. The other apps (nag, mnemo, turba)
are all in the old style and it's really a weird/confusing experience
when a users swicthes between the new DIMP and say NAG. You get dropped
back to old style Horde.

Regards

Hans

--