[horde] How to stop sidebar from always reloading every click!

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Wed Apr 11 06:52:41 UTC 2012

> Hi list.
>
> I am trying to move from Horde 3 to Horde 4 (4.06 webmail) but I have
> some issues.
>
> One of them is the sidebar reloading every time I click. It takes like 5
> to 10 seconds to load and gives a sluggish feel to imp.
> I think it also cauases a higher load in the server.
>
> In horde 3 the sidebar was more or less static. and yes I needed to
> logout and log back in again when I created a folder using a regular
> mail clients before I could see it.
>
> But thats a price I gladly pay to speed up Horde 4 to be usable again.
>
> Since I could not find how to turn it of I tried speeding up the loading
> by disableling  Poll all folders, and activating caching but it still
> way to slow.
>
> So can some one please tell me how to stop Horde 4 from reloading the
> sidebar?  Or maybe some one made a patch to stop it from loading all the
> time?

I don't think you can easily disable the reloading, however you can disable IMP folders block on the sidebar entirely. See conf/registry.php for that.

However, I would advice you to investigate why your IMAP server is so slow in the first place. Probably you are running outdated one without all the modern IMAP extensions? Have you checked performance documentation for Horde/IMP?