[horde] How to stop sidebar from always reloading every click!

Hans de Groot hansg at dandy.nl
Wed Apr 11 07:11:59 UTC 2012

On Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:52:41 +0300
Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt> wrote:

> > So can some one please tell me how to stop Horde 4 from reloading the
> > sidebar?  Or maybe some one made a patch to stop it from loading all the
> > time?
>
> I don't think you can easily disable the reloading, however you can disable IMP folders block on the sidebar entirely. See conf/registry.php for that.
>
> However, I would advice you to investigate why your IMAP server is so slow in the first place. Probably you are running outdated one without all the modern IMAP extensions? Have you checked performance documentation for Horde/IMP?

I will check that out and make sure I have all the performace teaks and
imap features. But I allready blocked the mail folders and still it's
slow.

Actually loading the inbox takes like 4 seconds and than it takes about
4 seconds to load the side bar.

What if horde just remebered the last state of the side bar in cache and
just show that until the loading in the background is finshed and than
updates the sidebar?

--
Hans de Groot <hansg at dandy.nl>