[horde] grandchild failed in cron

Vilius Šumskas vilius at lnk.lt
Tue Apr 17 20:49:06 UTC 2012

Hi,

Andreas Mauser <andreas at mauser.info> rašė:

> Ok, after some testing I disabled any memcaching in Horde, and I
> uninstalled memcached.
> As Cache System I choose 'Store data in filesystem'.
> I deleted all files out of the cache directory /var/www/horde-cache
> which I set in Horde, then I rebootet the server, to make sure it
> all works.
>
> After a reboot I logged into Horde and was able to clear the cache
> on the console.
> After a while, lets say 5-10 minutes I run this command:
>
> root at webster:~ # php -d
> include_path=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/php
> /var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/horde-clear-cache
>
> PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function setObs() on a non-object
> in /var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/php/Horde/Perms/Sql.php on
> line 130
>
> root at webster:~ # rm -rf /var/www/horde-cache/*
>
> root at webster:~ # php -d
> include_path=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/php
> /var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/horde-clear-cache
> Are you sure you want to expire all cached data?
>     (y) Yes
>     (n) No
>
> Ihre Auswahl [n]: y
> [   OK   ] Cache data cleared.
>
> root at webster:~ # /usr/bin/php -d
> include_path=/var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/php/
> /var/www/mauser.info/mailoffice/pear/horde-alarms
> root at webster:~ #
>
> So if I use memcache or local files, after a while I get the
> grandchild error.
> As it works for a while I assume the problem must be somewhere in (my) Horde.
>
> Can someone please look into that again?

This just confirms what Jan said earlier. Your cache becomes corrupted
for some strange reason.

My last shot to the sky would be: do you happen to run multiple copies
of Horde using the same cache folder? If not then you need to debug
this on your own PHP line by line. As I cannot reproduce it on my
systems (my Horde cache is using /tmp folder).

Maybe others would have better ideas. Alternativelly you can try
Horde's IRC channel for more "online" help.

--
   Best Regards,

   Vilius