[horde] IMP can't handle large jpg attachments

Simon Brereton simon.brereton at buongiorno.com
Wed Apr 25 14:43:34 UTC 2012

On 25 April 2012 08:52, Robsonfa <robsonfa at urubupunga.com.br> wrote:
> Simon Brereton-2 wrote:
>>
>> On 24 April 2012 14:49, Robsonfa <robsonfa at urubupunga.com.br> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Our IMP webmail can't handle large jpg attachments. We are using
>>> horde-webmail, with versions below:
>>>
>>>    Dimp: H3 (1.1.6)
>>>    Horde: 3.3.11
>>>    Imp: H3 (4.3.9)
>>>    Ingo: H3 (1.2.5)
>>>    Kronolith: H3 (2.3.5)
>>>    Mimp: H3 (1.1.3)
>>>    Mnemo: H3 (2.2.4)
>>>    Nag: H3 (2.3.6)
>>>    Turba: H3 (2.3.5)
>>>
>>> We installed ImageMagick, but the problem has not gone away. Are there
>>> something more  who we had to have done? Could you help us?
>>>
>>> It has only happened when we are using Internet Explorer. When we are
>>> using
>>> Mozzila Firefox or others browsers, this problem doesn't happen.
>>>
>>> There are some computers with Internet Explorer installed which  it
>>> doesn't
>>> happen.
>>
>> Can you define large?  And can you define not handle?  I'm assuming
>> you don't mean uploading (which would be a php.ini setting).
>>
>> If you mean display, then that could also be a php.ini setting, but it
>> would it depend on your answers to the above.

> Hi Simon,
>
> Every time we receive an e-mail with fpg file attachments larger than 100
> kb, or if there is a jpg file in the body of the email, the horde/imp log
> off and request the login and the password again. It happens every time we
> want to open / download the jpg attachments in the email or when we want to
> open an e-mail where there is a jpg file in the body of the email  (the
> horde/imp log off and request the login and the password again).

Okay.  Looking at your original description again you say that this is
a problem mostly with IE, but not FF.  I'd suggest then that this is a
problem in the IE lock-down settings.  Go to Tools, Internet Options,
Security.  My bet is that the machines where this doesn't work have a
more restrictive (or custom policy), the machines with IE where it
does work have a more open (possibly Internet) policy selected.

For sure this is not a Horde issue.

Simon