[horde] root at webster:~ # horde-alarms PHP Fatal error: Call to a member function setObs() on a non-object in /usr/share/php/Horde/Perms/Sql.php on line 130

Andreas Mauser andreas at mauser.info
Wed Apr 25 16:28:46 UTC 2012

Hi,

I still have this 'corrupted cache' problem, lets name it so.

Everything works fine for some minutes, then I run horde alarms:

  root at webster:~ # horde-alarms
  PHP Fatal error:  Call to a member function setObs() on a non-object
in /usr/share/php/Horde/Perms/Sql.php on line 130

I used memcached, I get this error.
I used file-based cache, I get this error.
In such a case I even can not clear the horde-cache.

Without memcached I had to reboot.
But when using memcached I at least have the chance to solve it with a
workaround:

  root at webster:~ # cat /usr/local/bin/horde_alarms_grandchild_workaround.sh
  #!/bin/bash
  /etc/init.d/memcached restart >/dev/null 2>&1 &&
/usr/bin/horde-alarms  > /dev/null 2>&1

The above is my workaround-script I use in crontab instead of the
usual command:

  */5 * * * * /usr/bin/horde-alarms  > /dev/null 2>&1

So I am still looking for the reason why the cache gets corrupted.
I want to mention here that I am using a fully encrypted disk. Its
encrypted with cryptsetup.

So its not the /home/user-encryption which some operation systems can
do as well. In such a case it can happen that you only can access
'your' data when logged in on the host locally.

Can you please guide me in the right direction again please? I still
dont understand that, however, with the workaround above I can live,
even if I dont find it that clever.

Thank you,
Andreas