[horde] ActiveSync Problems with Galaxy Nexus, Android 4.0.4

Robert Müller tastenmann at chorwurm.de
Mon May 21 20:26:41 UTC 2012

Am 21.05.2012 20:18, schrieb Michael J Rubinsky:

> Quoting Robert Müller <tastenmann at chorwurm.de>:
>
>> Hello Horde list,
>> I'm trying to use Horde 4.0.7 for providing an ActiveSync account for
>> my Samsung Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.4.
>> After some initial hassle, syncing seemed to work fine, however, today
>> my phone just lost all contacts stored in that account. They are still
>> there in my Horde contact list, but they are not shown on the phone.
>> Resetting the account or removing it and adding it new on the phone
>> seems to bring the entries back, but they just appear after a few
>> minutes. I'm not exactly sure, but it seems to me this always happens
>> when something resets the sync state, like adding or removing
>> calendars seems to do.
>>
>> I have generated a device specific sync log, but this file is rather
>> long and contains sensitive information, so I'll have to edit this
>> info out before I post it.
>> Any hints on what to look for in this file? Some strings I should grep
>> for? Right now I don't see anything in this file as it is about 5MB long.
>
> Sorry, are you saying that the contacts disappear and NEVER reappear
> unless you manually reset the sync partnership? Or are you asking why
> they disappear and then later reappear after you make a change in Horde?

Hi Michael,
sorry, my initial post conained a typo. Of course I meant that after
bringing back the entries by resetting or removing and re-adding the
account, they DISappear (not appear) again after some time.
I was under the impression that changing calendar or contacts sync
settings would cause the problem, as it worked fine for a few days and
the contacts disappeared this morning, after I added a new calendar and
configured it for syncing in Horde.
However, just after my last mail, I reset the account again, contacts
appeared in the phone, and I just left it at that. Some 15 minutes
later, the contacts had disappeared again. When I have these problems,
the calendar synchronization seems to be affected, too. Sometimes the
phone tells me there are no calendars on that accout for syncing and
displaying, other times I see duplicate entries on the phone.
Data in Horde seems to be unaffected by this, meaning the duplicate
entries don't show up there.

I have another Exchange account configured on this phone, connected to a
real Exchange 2003 server at my employer's site. This account seems to
work okay, so the problem seems to be some Galaxy Nexus/ICS/Horde
incompatibility issue.

So, yes, I am asking why the contacts disappear and NEVER reappear
unless I reset the sync partnership. Any hints for me what I should be
looking for?

Best,
   Robert Müller