[horde] horde-db-migrate

Claude Tompers claude.tompers at restena.lu
Fri Jun 8 12:44:28 UTC 2012

On 06/08/2012 01:49 PM, Jan Schneider wrote:

> Zitat von Claude Tompers <claude.tompers at restena.lu>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> When upgrading the databse from Horde 3 to 4 using th horde-db-migrate
>> script, I found two issues.
>>
>> 1) Blacklists/Whitelists that were saved before in the horde_prefs table
>> and are now in the ingo_lists table, have not been moved. So users were
>> complaining about having lost their lists.
>
> This doesn't have anything to do with DB migrations. A separate SQL
> driver already existed in Horde 3. Whether you still use the
> preference driver or migrate to the SQL driver is up to you, but you
> have to do the migration manually. See UPGRADING.
Sorry, my fault.

>> 2) The calendars were renamed. Before their main calendar had the
>> username as name, this changed to what appears to be a random string.
>> Calendar events though have not been 'moved', meaning the calendar_id
>> field in kronolith_events table has not been updated. During the upgrade
>> script I've seen passing a lot of messages like 'Ignoring user xyz ..'
>> for kronolith and I'm wondering if that has something to do with this
>> behaviour. If so, what are the conditions for an event not to be
>> updated ?
>
> This is only true for new calendars. Existing calendars don't have
> their IDs changed.

I migrated one calendar "by hand" where the calendar existed before, the
ID had changed in the horde_prefs but not in the calendar events. I
scripted the rest of them and I had another user that complained about
having lost its calendar when I was writing the script, and it fixed it
for him/her.

regards,
Claude

--