[horde] How to upgrade - was: Horde 5.0.0alpha1

Brent impuser at bitrealm.com
Mon Jul 9 19:36:56 UTC 2012

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
> On 9 July 2012 15:15, Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com> wrote:  > Quoting
> Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:   > Zitat von Ralf Lang

>>>     There is no Gollem release that's compatible with Horde 5 yet.
>>    Same is true of Kronolith, then?  I note it isn't an alpha, so that
>>    explains why it doesn't work yet.  Maybe the test.php should say that
>>    those versions aren't yet working?  Just an idea.
>>
>>    Ok.
>>
>>    Anyhow, mail/contacts is working well.  No issues that I've seen just
>>    yet.  Sending this now using the alpha stuff.  Folder all work as do my
>>    filters (ingo), so that's great!  I might try the activesync to see if
>>    mail now works to a phone.
>   Gah!  I'm still stuck with no class defined in horde_auth.  And no
>   remedy on Google.  And not sure how to fix it - other than possibly
>   starting again.
>
>   Simon

Make sure your .htaccess file in the webroot is correctly overwriting the
standard php defaults.  File needs to be readble by the web user as well.
Also, make sure that your new directory allows overrides.

My .htaccess file:

php_value = location of your alternate php install
sysconf = path to your other pear.conf

php_value include_path /var/www/html/horde-test/pear/php
SetEnv PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR /var/www/html/horde-test

Relevant section in httpd.conf:

<Directory /var/www/html/horde-test>
    AllowOverride All
</Directory>