[horde] How to upgrade - was: Horde 5.0.0alpha1

Simon Brereton simon.buongiorno at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 20:19:29 UTC 2012

On 9 July 2012 15:36, Brent <impuser at bitrealm.com> wrote:
> Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

>>>    Same is true of Kronolith, then?  I note it isn't an alpha, so that
>>>    explains why it doesn't work yet.  Maybe the test.php should say that
>>>    those versions aren't yet working?  Just an idea.
>>>
>>>    Ok.
>>>
>>>    Anyhow, mail/contacts is working well.  No issues that I've seen just
>>>    yet.  Sending this now using the alpha stuff.  Folder all work as do
>>> my
>>>    filters (ingo), so that's great!  I might try the activesync to see if
>>>    mail now works to a phone.
>>
>>   Gah!  I'm still stuck with no class defined in horde_auth.  And no
>>   remedy on Google.  And not sure how to fix it - other than possibly
>>   starting again.
>>
>>   Simon
>>

> Make sure your .htaccess file in the webroot is correctly overwriting the
> standard php defaults.  File needs to be readble by the web user as well.
> Also, make sure that your new directory allows overrides.
>
> My .htaccess file:
>
> php_value = location of your alternate php install
> sysconf = path to your other pear.conf
>
> php_value include_path /var/www/html/horde-test/pear/php
> SetEnv PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR /var/www/html/horde-test
>
> Relevant section in httpd.conf:
>
> <Directory /var/www/html/horde-test>
>     AllowOverride All
> </Directory>
>
> Restart apache.  Done.

Yup.  That was the problem, I had prior to the weekend..  Although my
current .htaccess is root:root but changing it for the horde-beta one
to www-data:www-data does not help.

mail:/usr/share/horde-beta# cat .htaccess
allow from all

php_value include_path /usr/share/horde-beta/pear/php
SetEnv PHP_PEAR_SYSCONF_DIR /usr/share/horde-beta

<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-d
    RewriteCond   %{REQUEST_FILENAME}  !-f
    RewriteRule ^(.*)$ rampage.php [QSA,L]
</IfModule>

my vhost.conf..

<Directory /usr/share/horde-beta>
        AllowOverride All
        Options +ExecCGI
<Files ~ "\.(inc|bak)$">
        deny from all
</Files>
</Directory>

It was working this morning until I tried to save the configuration -
and now it's not.  It's annoying as I go all the way through the
config, changed the file permissions so the webserver could write it,
pressed generate horde config and got this error:
A fatal error has occurred
Horde_Auth: Class definition of not found.
Details have been logged for the administrator.

Horde_Auth is apparently installed..

Simon