[horde] Horde5 Whitescreen

Ralf Lang lang at b1-systems.de
Tue Jul 10 17:04:11 UTC 2012

Am 10.07.2012 18:04, schrieb Simon Brereton:
> Sorry to break the threading, but this needs to be in a separate
> thread now because it doesn't seem related.
>

> On 10 July 2012 11:34, Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org> wrote:
>>
>> Zitat von Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:
>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have a similar issue (or at least a similar outcome).
>>>

>>> Finally, I have my H5 install up and running - but now I've
>>> locked myself out.  There are only a few new configuration
>>> options/differences with H4, but I'm not sure where the issue
>>> is.  One of the issues that confuses me slightly is the new
>>> IMAP Server tab in the Horde5 configuration.  What purpose does
>>> it server and how does it interact/override the IMP
>>> backends.(local.)php?
>>

>> Cited *directly* from this tab:
>>
>> If you intend to store user data like shares and groupware data
>> on an IMAP server then you will need to ensure that the following
>> fields correspond to your IMAP server setup. The IMAP groupware
>> storage will use version 2 of the Kolab XML format. See
>> http://wiki.kolab.org/Kolab_Format_Intro for details.
>>
>> I have no idea how to make this clearer. If you do, please let us
>> know.
>
> I understand all the words.  I just don't get the context.  I
> guess that means my IMAP server (Dovecot 1.2) isn't advanced
> enough. thanks.
It means that some of Horde's groupware data can be stored in a Kolab
client compatible imap storage. You will probably not need this
feature unless you need kolab interop and do not want to have a DB
like mysql. Does your horde run when you disable this feature altogether?

- --
Ralf Lang
Linux Consultant / Developer
Tel.: +49-170-6381563