[horde] Horde5 Whitescreen

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Jul 11 14:09:02 UTC 2012

Quoting Simon Brereton <simon.buongiorno at gmail.com>:

> [...]
>>> Horde_Controller          2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Core                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Crypt               2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Data                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Date                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> ***Horde_Db                  2.0.0alpha1 alpha ***
>>> Horde_Editor              2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Exception           2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Form                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Group               2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_History             2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Http                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Icalendar           2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Image               2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Imap_Client         2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Injector            2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Itip                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_ListHeaders         1.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Lock                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Log                 2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_LoginTasks          2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Mail                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Mime                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Mime_Viewer         2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Nls                 2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Notification        2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Perms               2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Prefs               2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Role                1.0.0       stable
>>> Horde_Rpc                 2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Secret              2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Serialize           2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_SessionHandler      2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Share               2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_SpellChecker        2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Stream_Filter       2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Stream_Wrapper      2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Support             2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_SyncMl              2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Template            2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Text_Diff           2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Text_Filter         2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Text_Filter_Csstidy 2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Text_Flowed         2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Token               2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Translation         2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Tree                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Url                 2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Util                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Vfs                 2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_View                2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Xml_Element         2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> Horde_Xml_Wbxml           2.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> horde                     5.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> imp                       6.0.0alpha1 alpha
>>> turba                     4.0.0alpha1 alpha

>>> Funny that..
>>>
>>> mail:/usr/share/horde-beta# /usr/share/horde-beta/pear/pear -c
>>> /usr/share/horde-beta/pear.conf install horde/Horde_Db
>>> horde/Horde_Db is already installed and is the same as the released
>>> version 2.0.0alpha1
>>> install failed
>>

>> This is horde/Horde_Db, not PEAR DB.
>
> Thanks Mike.
>
> The only pear module required (according to the docs I'm looking at)

There is a difference between a required dependency and an optional
dependency. Pear/DB is not *required* for Horde to function. There are
features in Horde - such as the METAR weather block - that have
external dependencies. (In this case, it's dependent on
PEAR/Services_Weather and THAT, in turn, has an optional dependency on
PEAR/DB.

> It's conceivable - relating to Jan's point - that
> pear/DB isn't required because I imagine there are Horde installs out
> there with no DB backend (although I can't imagine it's many).

No. PEAR/DB has *nothing* to do with Horde running a database or not.
That's Horde_Db. The only reason we use Pear/DB is because of other
PEAR libraries that use it (Services_Weather) and we have no control
over their codebase.

   In
> addition, I don't see it in any of the errors/warnings I had when I
> installed Horde..

Because it's not an error. You didn't install any packages that
require it. Note the line that pear/Services_Weather was not installed.

> [...]
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Db,
> horde/Horde_Ldap, use --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: pear/XML_SVG, use --alldeps to
> download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Date, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: pear/Net_DNS2, pear/Net_SMTP,
> use --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Nls,
> horde/Horde_Text_Filter, pear/Net_DNS2, pecl/idn, pecl/intl, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: pear/Net_DNS2, pecl/geoip, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_DataTree,
> horde/Horde_Tree, use --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Autoloader,
> horde/Horde_Db, horde/Horde_Image, horde/Horde_Imsp,
> horde/Horde_Kolab_Storage, use --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Http, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Imap_Client,
> horde/Horde_Mime, pecl/lzf, use --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: pecl/xdiff, use --alldeps to
> download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Db, use --alldeps
> to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Text_Flowed,
> horde/Horde_Translation, use --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Imap_Client, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Controller,
> horde/Horde_Routes, use --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Auth,
> horde/Horde_Core, horde/Horde_Db, horde/Horde_Kolab_Session,
> horde/Horde_Mime, horde/Horde_Perms, pecl/ssh2, use --alldeps to
> download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Test, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Db, use --alldeps
> to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Db,
> horde/Horde_Log, horde/Horde_Memcache, pecl/APC, pecl/lzf, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Stream_Filter, use
> --alldeps to download automatically
> Did not download optional dependencies: horde/Horde_Db,
> horde/Horde_Log, use --alldeps to download automatically
>

> On that note - how serious is the warning:
> Package "pear.horde.org/Horde_Core" dependency
> "pear.horde.org/Horde_ElasticSearch" has no releases

Not serious at all. There is currently no code in Horde that uses this.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org