[horde] SyncML home/workcountry doesn't use Horde_Nls

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Sat Aug 25 16:39:18 UTC 2012

Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

> Citeren Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:
>
>> No, but like I said, there is no way to determine what the client
>> expects. It could be English, it could be the local language, it
>> could be the ISO code. Using English might simply be the best bet.
>
> FWIW, it appears that with ActiveSync, the home/workcountry are
> sync'd to the phone in the same locale as Horde (and the mobile) is
> configured to use.

Not quite.

What happens is this. Turba stores/expects the ISO country code. When
exporting TO the EAS client is we convert the ISO code to the textual
name of the country using Horde's NLS system - so it is always
exported in the user's *Horde* locale. It has nothing to do with the
device's settings.

When the data is being imported INTO Turba, we first check if it's the
textual version of the country in the user's configured Horde locale.
If NLS cap map the textual version to the ISO country code, we use it.
If not, we use the value the device sends and hope for the best.

See Turba_Driver::toASContact for more information.

--
mike

The Horde Project (www.horde.org)
mrubinsk at horde.org