[horde] SyncML home/workcountry doesn't use Horde_Nls

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Sun Aug 26 19:49:32 UTC 2012

Citeren Michael J Rubinsky <mrubinsk at horde.org>:

>> FWIW, it appears that with ActiveSync, the home/workcountry are
>> sync'd to the phone in the same locale as Horde (and the mobile) is
>> configured to use.
>
> Not quite.
>
> What happens is this. Turba stores/expects the ISO country code.
> When exporting TO the EAS client is we convert the ISO code to the
> textual name of the country using Horde's NLS system - so it is
> always exported in the user's *Horde* locale. It has nothing to do
> with the device's settings.

This is indeed what I observed with EAS. I kind of expected a similar
behaviour for SyncML (see subject), but found that Horde_Nls doesn't
seem to be used. The country is exported to the client in english, not
the Horde locale for this user.

I fully understand that mapping the country we get *from* a device
back to the ISO country code might be a problem, since this in many
cases is a string which could be any locale. But this is not what I
meant, it the country Horde sents *to* the device, which seems to
depend on whether SyncML or ActiveSync is used.

Best regards, Arjen