[horde] Horde 4 and SSL

Roland C. Gutsch rolandcg at panikknopf.de
Fri Aug 31 14:01:36 UTC 2012

Hi @all,
on my server I have the following problem concerning Horde 4:
At first my Server layout:
OS:
ubuntu 12.04
Webserver:
Server version: Apache/2.2.22 (Ubuntu)
Server built:   Feb 13 2012 01:37:27
PHP:
PHP 5.3.10-1ubuntu3.2 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jun 13 2012 17:20:55)
     with XCache v1.3.2, Copyright (c) 2005-2011, by mOo
horde:
installed via pear and channel pear.horde.org, running on a very own
subdomain.
I furthermore use ISP 3 to configure everything concerning my webservices.

When I install horde, everything works fine, mails, groups, calendars -
everything.
As long as I try to activate ssl support to the horde-subdomain.
When I do not use horde with https, everything is alright, when I log on
to horde with https, I get a white screen and am not able to fix horde
again.
PHP throws an error: PHP Fatal error:  Class 'ErrorException' not found
in /usr/share/php/Horde.php on line 238 , but that is it.
To fix it, i do have to reinstall php, webserver, horde...
I learned that the ErrorException Class is core to PHP, but what is wrong?

Before wasting time: I am not bound to ubuntu, does anyone know, what
distribution/versions I can install to use horde and ssl?

BTW, I need SSL for my ActiveSync/SyncML Clients, so it is nessesary.

Thanks in advance,
rolandcg