[horde] Files permissions ?

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Fri Oct 5 14:05:40 UTC 2012

Citeren Nicolas Fo <nicolasfo at ymail.com>:

> Hello all !
>
> I've a small question : what chmod/chown must I set to
> /var/www/horde folder ?
>
> For tests, I set www-data as owner and 700 as rights.
>
> Is it OK ? Is there some files I must change ?

With Horde comes a utility 'horde-set-perms', that is supposed to set
the file permissions correct. For me it didn't work, so I set the
permissions manually:

   find /srv/www/htdocs/horde -exec chown root:www {} \;
   find /srv/www/htdocs/horde -type f -exec chmod 640 {} \;
   find /srv/www/htdocs/horde -type d -exec chmod 750 {} \;

The above changes ownership of all files and folders to root:www and
then sets permission R/W for root and R/O for the group to which the
user running the webserver. This is too strict for some files that
need to be written by the webserver, so we'll change the ownership for
those:

   chown wwwrun:www /srv/www/htdocs/horde/config/conf.*php
/srv/www/htdocs/horde/*/config/conf.*php
   chown wwwrun:www /srv/www/htdocs/horde/static /srv/www/htdocs/horde/cache

Best regards, Arjen