[horde] newb -- questions regarding ulaform

Uttiya Chowdhury chowdhury_uttiya at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 17 12:13:48 UTC 2012

> This sound a little bit too complicated for me. What is the
> reason to send a form to another form? If you only need to
> perform certain calculations with data, you can always can
> use a database level triggers for this.

Actually, there is only one form -- the ulaform form. Now, there are two actions that ulaform supports after the submit button is pressed in the form:
* Send the data to somebody by e-mail (code in ulaform sends the mail)
* Put the data in a table (code in ulaform does the insert statement)

I want another action
* the posted data directly goes to a different php file (ulaform code doesn't see the data at all)

This php file is specified as form action during defining the form.

The reason I need this is actually because I want a form that is not an interface to a database table. Here is a (simplistic) example of an app that I am trying to make: a web program to convert a length in inch to a length in mm (to make a very simple example). I could probably do it through database trigger as well, but I don't want my data to go in some database in the first place.

The way I am thinking is, in ulaform, we will define inputs and specify the php handler that will receive the post/get data. Then we will run the form. When the submit button is pressed, the php handler will get the data, do some calculation and generate some html text, ulaform will show the html text in it's window.

> No, I don't think so. There is even an enchancement request
> for this http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/1007

OK... So I guess I can begin digging into the code to understand. Any tips on where to start?

Thanks.

UC