[horde] ActiveSync does not work after update to 2.0.0beta4

Samuel Wolf samuelwolf85 at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 21 14:37:19 UTC 2012

2012/10/20  <ich at sebmeyer.de>:
> Hi you two,
>
> I just registered to the horde-ML, so I can't reply to your mails. To not
> mess up thread hierarchy I send this mail just to you and resend it after
> there are some new mails to that thread ;-)
>
> tl;dr: Had same error, but seems to have fixed it (last paragraph).

Hi Sebastian,

thank you for sharing!

> I also encounter Samuels ActiveSync problem on my horde installation (same
> debug output).

Good news for me, but not for mike.

> My database was created by a Horde4/5 mix I created by accident/lack of
> knowledge (installed horde-beta from pear, but also the webmail package and
> did a webmail-install and a small php hack to get it running).
> After logging in with my primary mail adress as admin and not getting AS to
> work I decided to reinstall.
> I removed the "/var/www/horde"-Dir, but NOT the database.
>
> So I used pear ro reinstall horde-beta (no webmail package this time) and
> {imp,kronolith,nag,turba}-beta.
> After logging in as Administrator I created the config from scratch, set Imp
> (-> IMAP) as authentication method and myself as admin - but used my
> existing database with the existing entries for my mail adress.
> Besides MySQL, imp auth, logging to custom files/folders and ActiveSync I
> did not configure anything other than default.
>
> With that setup I encounter exactly the same error with ActiveSync.
> On the theory with german umlaute:
> One of my IMAP folders is called "INBOX.Unnötig" (or "INBOX.Unn&APY-tig" in
> IMAP encoding), renaming it to Unnoetig does NOT help (besides, there seems
> to be no reference to that folder in the database. But I forgot to remove
> the /tmp/*cache* files).
> Creating a new IMAP user (I use ISPconfig, btw) and a Folder "INBOX.Föbar"
> does work with ActiveSync.

Yes that is not the problem.

> To fix it, I flushed the database, removed the cache files from my /tmp/ and
> reinstalled the {imp,kronolith,nag,turba}-beta packages using pear.
> Now it *seems* to work, but I continue logging on the server...

I backup my database hourly at the moment and restore the last backup
if activesync does not work anymore.

@ mike,

my wife tell me she has the problem some days before I upgrade to the
last beta (sorry). In this time I add the following patch:
http://bugs.horde.org/ticket/11410

Can that be the problem?