[horde] Use of the HORDE product : GNU/GPL conformity case ?

Bernard TREMBLAY bty-opendev.horde at trebly.net
Thu Oct 25 22:15:01 UTC 2012

Hi,

	Do the fact, that a provider of internet services to use your product
as one of the goodies into a pack, but this with the suppression of some
important functions as "transmit" email without any change of help file
nor version number (i.e. 3.3.5 modified... restricted...), is according
to GNU/GPL license in your opinion ?
	In my opinion not : this non conformity with original product
functionalities, can be confused by user with a bad achievement of the
product or with bugs. Then the time lost by the user of the modified
version with restrictions, which can be followed by errors done into his
own specifications (using HORDE product knowledge in conformity with
version number) transmitted to his own clients can create damages to the
client and to the "name" of HORDE , is it not true ? GNU/GPL does not
mean do "what you want" with our sources".

Trebly