[horde] Problem with umlauts in signature

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Tue Nov 6 09:45:00 UTC 2012

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

> Quoting Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:
>
>> In Jan's announcement of Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.0.0 in
>> the section "General changes" I find a bullet point saying "*
>> Default to UTF-8 for all e-mail messages." Now I'm desperately
>> seeking in the user's preferences where to change from the old
>> ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8. Or should that be done automagically during
>> the upgrade?
>
> 'sending_charset' preference in Horde.

Note that this is a locked preference in 'config/prefs.php' by
default, so it won't show up in the user's preferences. If you
upgraded from an earlier version of Horde, chances are that this value
has been saved to a different value than 'UTF-8'.

Your best bet for fixing this globally with the minimum amount of
fuss, is to remove this from the users preferences. Something like

     DELETE FROM `horde_prefs` WHERE `pref_name` = 'sending_charset';

should do the trick (depending on how you save preferences).

Best regards, Arjen