[horde] Problem with umlauts in signature

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Tue Nov 6 09:52:19 UTC 2012

Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

> Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:
>
>> Quoting Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:
>>
>>> In Jan's announcement of Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.0.0 in
>>> the section "General changes" I find a bullet point saying "*
>>> Default to UTF-8 for all e-mail messages." Now I'm desperately
>>> seeking in the user's preferences where to change from the old
>>> ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8. Or should that be done automagically during
>>> the upgrade?
>>
>> 'sending_charset' preference in Horde.
>
> Note that this is a locked preference in 'config/prefs.php' by
> default, so it won't show up in the user's preferences. If you
> upgraded from an earlier version of Horde, chances are that this
> value has been saved to a different value than 'UTF-8'.

Not necessarily true.  The vast majority of Horde 4 installations
would have used the old default value, so no preference values would
be saved to the backend so there preference value would have
automatically been updated with the move to H5.  Only people who
explicitly changed this preference in the past will need change/delete
the saved preference value.

michael