[horde] Problem with umlauts in signature

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Tue Nov 6 10:07:21 UTC 2012

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:
>
>> Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

>>> 'sending_charset' preference in Horde.
>>
>> Note that this is a locked preference in 'config/prefs.php' by
>> default, so it won't show up in the user's preferences. If you
>> upgraded from an earlier version of Horde, chances are that this
>> value has been saved to a different value than 'UTF-8'.
>
> Not necessarily true.  The vast majority of Horde 4 installations
> would have used the old default value, so no preference values would
> be saved to the backend so there preference value would have
> automatically been updated with the move to H5.  Only people who
> explicitly changed this preference in the past will need
> change/delete the saved preference value.

Well, since some of Jens' users appear to be sending messages with
ISO-8859-1 charset, I assume somewhere along the way they have saved
this preference in H4, which is now being used in H5. Since this
preference is now locked by the default in 'config/prefs.php' they
probably will not be able to chnage this, unless one would unlock this
value in 'config/prefs.local.php' (but that kind of defeats the
purpose of locking this value to a sensible default, which I think is
a good idea in H5). In that case the easiest way to fix it is (as an
Administrator) to just delete these values in a SQL shell from Horde
system wide.

Best regards, Arjen