[horde] Horde 5 - You are using an old, unsupport version of IE.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Nov 7 03:05:13 UTC 2012

> Quoting Vilius Šumskas <vilius at lnk.lt>:
>
>> As  Horde  no  longer supports older browsers it's probably a good
>> idea  to  add: <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=9" /> or
>> something  like  that  to  the template code. It makes IE use the best
>> available rendering method.
>
> Shouldn't this be <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible"
> content="IE=Edge" /> ?  I believe this translates to "use the most
> advanced rendering mode the browser supports".  So that IE10, for
> example, would use the IE10 engine, not fallback to IE9.

Reading this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/jj676917%28v=vs.85%29.aspx

It seems the better solution would be to specify a HTML5 doctype instead:

<!DOCTYPE html>

I believe we are currently outputting XHTML 1.0 Transitional.  So the
real question should be - is there any reason we shouldn't be
declaring as HTML 5?

michael