[horde] iPhone email not syncing properly

Michael J Rubinsky mrubinsk at horde.org
Wed Nov 7 14:52:05 UTC 2012

Quoting Steven Swarts <steven at swartsit.com>:

> G'day guys,
>

> I have Horde 5 running on Debian VPS with ISPConfig 3 installed.
>
> I'm using a iPhone 4 running on iOS 6.0.1
>
> Setup Exchange account and that works fine, syncs calendar and contacts
> nicely.
>

> ISSUE:
>

> Viewing the email in Outlook 2010 (IMAP only - can't figure out exchange) or
> via the webmail fails to update the emails on the iPhone to be READ. However
> if I read it on the iPhone it DOES show up in Outlook and Webmail as READ.
>

> So basically the iPhone is getting the update that the email has been read.

Assuming this is a typo, above you say the iPhone does NOT get the
update it was read.

> It receives emails, can send emails, all that works and syncs but the READ
> aspect fails to work.

Changes to message flags, alone, will not trigger a sync. This is by
design. The only thing that will trigger an email sync is a new
message arriving in the mailbox.  Once the sync is triggered, ALL
changes are transmitted to the device.

If this is not how it is working for you, please create a bug report
and be sure to include relevant sync logs and IMAP debug logs.