[horde] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.0.1 (final)

Arjen de Korte arjen+horde at de-korte.org
Wed Nov 7 20:55:46 UTC 2012

Citeren Michael M Slusarz <slusarz at horde.org>:

> Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

>>> This still doesn't work correctly in places like IMP (It only
>>> displays "New" - the "Message" part wraps and is hidden) with the
>>> default prefs value.  A user should not have to be changing
>>> preferences to make this work out-of-the-box.
>>
>> The Dutch translation is 'suffering' from the same problem. I
>> couldn't find a more compact translation for 'New Events' than
>> 'Nieuwe gebeurtenis', which requires quite a bit more width. I had
>> to increase the menu width to from the default 210 to 240 to make
>> the translations for the 'New <whatever>' items fit for all
>> installed applications. A little wider default for the left menu
>> might be useful.
>
> This is not the correct solution though.  Something like "New
> Events" or "New Message" could be 30 characters in a language like
> German or 5 characters in Mandarin.

Luckily all my users are using the Dutch locale, so I went ahead and
removed the 'sidebar_width' from the preferences table, changed the
value in 'prefs.local.php' to 240 and locked the value so they won't
be able to change it again. I noticed that the only application where
users might need to change the sidebar width (in IMP) this is possible
by dragging it. At least locally this will not be a problem anymore,
but I agree this is not the most flexible solution.

Best regards, Arjen