[horde] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 5.0.1 (final)

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at horde.org
Wed Nov 7 20:19:55 UTC 2012

Quoting Arjen de Korte <arjen+horde at de-korte.org>:

>>> It's a preference.
>>
>> This still doesn't work correctly in places like IMP (It only
>> displays "New" - the "Message" part wraps and is hidden) with the
>> default prefs value.  A user should not have to be changing
>> preferences to make this work out-of-the-box.
>
> The Dutch translation is 'suffering' from the same problem. I
> couldn't find a more compact translation for 'New Events' than
> 'Nieuwe gebeurtenis', which requires quite a bit more width. I had
> to increase the menu width to from the default 210 to 240 to make
> the translations for the 'New <whatever>' items fit for all
> installed applications. A little wider default for the left menu
> might be useful.

This is not the correct solution though.  Something like "New Events"
or "New Message" could be 30 characters in a language like German or 5
characters in Mandarin.

I already tried reducing the font size, but I was told that was an
incorrect solution.  Another option would be to allow the text to
overflow the sidebar.  But this only works well if the browser
supports the text-overflow CSS rule, and not all browsers do.

michael