[horde] Problems with adding events to calendar from IMP

Jens Grüntjes jens.gruentjes at ebira.de
Fri Nov 9 15:10:12 UTC 2012

Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

> Zitat von Jens Grüntjes <jens.gruentjes at ebira.de>:
>
>> Zitat von Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>:

>>> Does the event organizer provide an email address in the
>>> invitation? If not, it's completely useless.

>>> Short answer: yes.
>>>
>>> Long answer: "W. Europe Standard Time" is not a valid time zone
>>> name, unfortunately iCalendar allows to make up your own time zone
>>> names though and provide the DST rules with the event. We ignore
>>> those rules though, because we simply cannot work with arbitrary
>>> DST rules. No one can, so I doubt *any* client or server on this
>>> world is really using those. That's why *every* sane client uses
>>> Olsen time zone names when sending iCalendar objects. So:
>>> technically that client might be correct, but it's still
>>> completely broken when it comes to common sense. Assuming that it
>>> really uses that name, which I cannot tell for sure unless you
>>> provide that invitation.
>>
>> In which format do you want me to provide the invitation? I got
>> that invitation from a customer so I think I have to pbscure some
>> email addresses of other participants.
>> --
>> Viele Grüße
>> Jens
>
> The iCalendar attachment (text/calendar or application/ics).
Here is the attachment. I scrambled the names and addresses and
removed some attendees hoping that did no harm.

BEGIN:VCALENDAR
METHOD:REQUEST
PRODID:Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
VERSION:2.0
BEGIN:VTIMEZONE
TZID:W. Europe Standard Time
BEGIN:STANDARD
DTSTART:16010101T030000
TZOFFSETFROM:+0200
TZOFFSETTO:+0100
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=10
END:STANDARD
BEGIN:DAYLIGHT
DTSTART:16010101T020000
TZOFFSETFROM:+0100
TZOFFSETTO:+0200
RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;INTERVAL=1;BYDAY=-1SU;BYMONTH=3
END:DAYLIGHT
END:VTIMEZONE
BEGIN:VEVENT
ORGANIZER;CN="XXXXXXXX XXXXXX, XXXX Services GmbH":MAILTO:XXXXXXXX.XXXXXX at X
  XXX.de
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN=XXXXX.XXXX
  X at XX-XXXXXXXXXXX.de:MAILTO:XXXXX.XXXXX at XX-XXXXXXXXXXX.de
ATTENDEE;ROLE=REQ-PARTICIPANT;PARTSTAT=NEEDS-ACTION;RSVP=TRUE;CN='jens.grue
  ntjes at ebira.de':MAILTO:jens.gruentjes at ebira.de
DESCRIPTION;LANGUAGE=de-DE:\n\n
SUMMARY;LANGUAGE=de-DE:[PGI] NetViewer-Telko am 19.11.2012
DTSTART;TZID=W. Europe Standard Time:20121119T140000
DTEND;TZID=W. Europe Standard Time:20121119T160000
UID:040000008200E00074C5B7101A82E00800000000E0BF0C3943BCCD01000000000000000
  010000000BDB686621323974593D53393C85C6005
CLASS:PUBLIC
PRIORITY:5
DTSTAMP:20121106T162156Z
TRANSP:OPAQUE