[horde] [announce] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0.9 (final)

ANANT S ATHAVALE asa at isac.gov.in
Tue Nov 20 06:44:22 UTC 2012

----- Message from asa at isac.gov.in ---------
     Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:28:59 +0530
     From: ANANT S ATHAVALE <asa at isac.gov.in>
  Subject: Re: [horde] [announce] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0.9 (final)
       To: horde at lists.horde.org

> ----- Message from jan at horde.org ---------
>     Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2012 18:45:21 +0100
>     From: Jan Schneider <jan at horde.org>
>  Subject: [announce] Horde Groupware Webmail Edition 4.0.9 (final)
>       To: announce at lists.horde.org, vendor at lists.horde.org,
> horde at lists.horde.org
>

>> The Horde Team is pleased to announce the final release of the
>> Horde Groupware
>> Webmail Edition version 4.0.9.
>>
>> Horde Groupware Webmail Edition is a free, enterprise ready, browser based
>> communication suite. Users can read, send and organize email messages with
>> four different webmail interfaces and manage and share calendars, contacts,
>> tasks and notes with the standards compliant components from the Horde
>> Project.
>>
>> For upgrading instructions, please see
>> http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/UPGRADING
>>
>> For detailed installation and configuration instructions, please see
>> http://www.horde.org/apps/webmail/docs/INSTALL
>>
>> The major changes compared to the Horde Groupware Webmail Edition
>> version 4.0.8
>> are:
>>
>> General changes:
>>    * Updated French, Swedish, and Turkish translations.
>>    * Further bugfixes and improvements.
>>
>> Mail changes:
>>    * Fixed obscure XSS issue when uploading attachments.
>>    * Only display basic image attachments in the browser to avoid XSS
>>      vulnerabilities triggered by opening malicious SVG attachments.
>>    * Better description of error in some permission denied error messages.
>>    * Compose window now closes properly after message redirection.
>>    * More efficient determination of when to use Ajax auto-completion.
>>    * Re-added option to report messages as spam/ham through redirection.
>>
>> Filters changes:
>>    * Don't allow to save rules without conditions.
>>    * Fixed reindexing of existing rules when deleting a rule.
>>    * Fixed IMAP filtering.
>>    * Further fixed folder names in Procmail rules if using Maildir.
>>
>> Address Book changes:
>>    * Remove all of user's address books when removing users.
>>    * Added ability to return only the number of contacts that match
>> a search.
>>
>> Calendar changes:
>>    * Fixed XSS issue in portal blocks.
>>
>> Notes changes:
>>    * Fixed deleting too many notepads if deleting a user.
>>
>> The full list of changes can be viewed here:
>>
>> https://github.com/horde/horde/blob/d560c6afb603999ece763e66e55b5eb75efcd61b/bundles/webmail/docs/CHANGES
>>
>> Have fun!
>>
>> The Horde Team.
>> --
>>

> Hello,
>
> Right now, I have HGWE 4.0.8 working.  Can I just upgrade using the
> following command "pear upgrade horde/webmail-4.0.9"?
>
> Will it install all the modules?
>
> Or do I need to upgrade each module individually?  Or I should not
> use upgrade option, instead should use install option?

> [...]

----- End message from asa at isac.gov.in -----

Dear List,

I managed to install HGWE 4.0.8 even after HGWE 5 was released.  I
downloaded the requisite pear files from pear.horde.org and setup a
local http://pear.horde.org.  Edited required txt and xml files.  I
think, this is a one time effort.  I should be able to do it again for
HGWE 4.0.9 also.  But, if this kind of setup is maintained by Horde
Team itself (as a different pear server for H4 alone) it would be very
nice.  Earlier comment by Jan, that there could be a problem to
Upgrade to H5 seems to be not correct.  The pear server for H5 will
have both H4 and H5 and hence there should not be any problem to
upgrade to H5 also.  I am ready to contribute the files required for
H4 alone as a pear website.  But, later somebody needs to maintain
further as and when H4 packages are updated.

Regards,
Anant.

            Anant

message.