[horde] Horde5/Kolab integration

Jens-Uwe Mozdzen jmozdzen at nde.ag
Wed Nov 21 15:18:37 UTC 2012

Hi Gunnar,

thank your for looking into this.

--- geschrieben von wrobel at pardus.de ---
> Zitat von "Jens-U. Mozdzen" <jmozdzen at nde.ag>:
>> [...]
>> 1. framework/Group/lib/Horde/Group/Kolab.php provides a class
>> "Horde_Group_Kolab" which is referenced in
>> ./framework/Core/lib/Horde/Core/Factory/Group.php (called
>> "Horde_Core_Group_Kolab" there). Unfortunately, the former file
>> somehow isn't included during runtime; I worked around this by
>> inserting "Include_once(
>> '/usr/share/php5/PEAR/Horde/Group/Kolab.php');" into the latter
>> file. But I won't believe that this is the proper way of doing it.
>> How should that be handled correctly?
>
> We use autoloading. So a reference like "new Horde_Group_Kolab()" in
> a situation where the class file has not been loaded before will
> trigger autoloading. The autoloader will then convert this to
> Horde/Group/Kolab.php and load the file into the parser.

Seems like this somehow doesn't work with "Horde_Core_Group_Kolab"...
after renaming the class definition to the new name and configuring
the kolab group driver, things break with a "class not found" error
until I insert the "Include_once()" :(

I've provided my patches in ticket #11737, that'll make it easier for
you all to test.

> It might be more helpful to log a bug though and describe what you
> want to achieve. Horde_Group_Kolab is probably still buggy and needs
> some love.

I gave it some hugs, which made it smile broadly ;) (#11737)

> "kolab_webmail" was intended to be an easy wrapper for installing
> Horde preconfigured for Kolab. It is not completed though and there
> is no release available (yet). So the only "official" way is
> configuring Horde for Kolab yourself via the Admin frontend. If
> kolab_webmail works for you this means that we should try to finish
> the few missing bits and pieces though. I would also suggest to log
> a bug with any improvements or suggestions you might have for
> kolab_webmail.

I got things on the way today (ticket #113738), I made some learning
progress yesterday - the first thing I learned was that 50% of my
fixes were made available already in PEAR in the time window from me
fixing them and finishing my report :D

> Concerning Horde/Kolab in general: Horde 5.0 delivers at least a
> fully functional Kolab integration again and that is a big step
> forward. But we also still lack the resources to convert this into a
> completely polished thing. So any help from the community (patches,
> testing etc.) is greatly appreciated.

H5 is the first version I have at least a chance to help out -
feedback and patches are on their way.

That you all for the good work!

With regards,

Jens
--
Jens-U. Mozdzen                         voice   : +49-40-559 51 75
NDE Netzdesign und -entwicklung AG      fax     : +49-40-559 51 77
D-22423 Hamburg                         e-mail  : jmozdzen at nde.ag

         Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrates: Angelika Mozdzen
           Sitz und Registergericht: Hamburg, HRB 90934
                   Vorstand: Jens-U. Mozdzen
                    USt-IdNr. DE 814 013 983